Sunday, September 10, 2006

Day 29:Sun Sep 10:Sydney NS to Fredericton NB

Judy and I spent the night at a less than 5 star hotel in Sydney after getting off the ferry from Argentia NL. We packed and left early and met our friends Myles and Jane for brunch. We had a real good breakfast and visit. When we left their house in Sydney River it was raining lightly. The rain continued for most of the trip to Halifax. there was also quite a strong wind so the trip was not all that enjoyable. The day was also greatly saddened by the call I received from my brother Tim in Saskatchewan informing me that our Grandmother had passed away in the early morning after a lenghty and courageous battle with cancer. She was 102 years old and fought a hard fight. She was very dear to me and our whole family and will be greatly missed and fondly remembered. I will dwell no further on this event other than to say that I am on my way back home to be with my family to mark this chapter in our history.

Judy and I arrived at the Halifax airport at about !8:00 and we booked her in to a room for the night. She is flying home tomorrow afternoon. I headed west on the bike by myself. I stopped in Sackville NB. for a tank of gas and a quick coffee and continued west. I arrived in Fredericton about 23:45 local time and booked in to a motel. I hope to get an early start tomorrow and get a long day in. Hopefully the weather will co-operate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home